Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex of the former Kingdom of Kandy, which houses the relic of the tooth of the Buddha
Peradeniya Botanical Gardens which was first built as a pleasure garden by a Sinhala King and was expanded by the British. It is 147 acres in extent and provides an amazing variety of trees, plants and flowers.
The Galmaduwa viharaya is an impressive building of strange architecture. As its local name suggests, it is basically a pavilion built of stone and brick. But a high gopuram gives it a Hindu identity. There is an ad mixture of Tamil-Hindu influence within the Buddhist place of worship.
Lankatilaka Vihara is situated at the top of the hill in the Kandyan Kingdom where we find its inscription by King Bhuvanekabahu the fourth (1347 AD) & King Vickramabahu the third (1351 AD) narrating the construction of this temple. A long magnificent flight of steps cutting the rock takes us to the temple.
The Degaldoruwa Temple was built in 1771 AD by King Rajadi Rajasinha and was initiated during the rein of his elder brother King Kirti Sri Rajasinha [1747-1782 AD].This is considered as a Cave Temple with Kandyan era Paintings and Architecture. The temple had been built at a place where two rocks were touching each other from above and below.The rock mass has a height of about 40 feet. A Cave had been made by breaking the rocks large enough to accomodate the Shrine Room of the Buddha and an area leading to the Shrine Room.